- Do you only work with women?
- Are you a career coach?
- What if I don’t have my time of birth?
- What typically happens during coaching sessions?
- Why can’t I just have one or two sessions?
- What qualifies you to do this work?
- I live on the other side of the world. Can I still work with you?
- What is an astrology chart and why is it important?
- Do you predict the future with astrology?
- How is coaching different from therapy/counselling?
- What’s coaching about?
Do you only work with women?
But interestingly, a large portion of my clients are women.
Back to Index
Are you a career coach?
Yes & No.
A major distinction between executive coaching and my approach is that the later concentrates on the totality of one’s experience while the former focuses solely on work. Another distinction is that with executive coaching, the goals are usually set by the employer, who is, after all, paying the bill. Sometimes those goals are in sync with those of the individual coachee but often enough, they aren’t. This can lead to dilemmas, conflicts of interest, and poor decisions.
Thus I am not an executive coaching although I remain dedicated to helping everyone reach his or her potential, career-wise or otherwise.
Sometimes requires that I help you to change your career path and sometimes it means helping you to progress on your current one.
Either way, I work only for one client and that client is you.
Back to Index
What if I don’t have my time of birth?
The planets are in constant motion and that means that the energies surrounding your time of birth are dependent on an accurate birth time. The more accurate your birth time, the better the results astrologically. Even a generalised idea of whether it was morning, noon, or night helps helps but if push comes to shove, we’ll improvise.
Back to Index
What typically happens during coaching sessions?
During our coaching sessions, we’ll share structured conversations to help you come to articulate what you really want and to devise a workable strategy on how to get it.
These sessions are designed for you to come up with your own answers. I’m there to motivate, encourage, and keep you on track (plus improvise) but never to advise.
Most of what we will do will be astrologically inspired an highly personalised. But it’s up to you as to how much astrology we actually discuss. Some people want more and some people want less and then some, want none at all. This is not an astrology reading.
One thing of which you can be certain is that there will be some twists and turns along the way.
For example, you might start out believing that you wanted a new job and that coaching should help you in that transition. Imagine your surprise when you conclude that what you really wanted was more control over your life and that can be accomplished in your present position. But that isn’t going to be as easy as it might sound because you’ve always had trouble saying no to people. No wonder you feel out of control; in reality, others are managing your schedule. I can see from your chart that ‘establishing boundaries’ is problematic for you and that something (astrological) is bringing this to the fore. I can also see that you have natural strengths to enlist to help set boundaries but although I can help you to identify them, I can’t make you use them.
Next, we will explore things that you’ve tried in the past to deal with your issue and evaluate why they didn’t work as you’d planned. Then, together, we will identify and evaluate potential new solutions and how best you might employ them.
But we don’t stop there because if we did, the chances of you making progress as planned are not statistically good.
So we’ll practice your new strategies and discuss in advance how you’ll address the inevitable kick back from others who will be surprised that you’ve changed. Now, it’s up to you to go out and be the ‘new you’ in the real world but don’t worry, I’ve got your back. When as a kid you first learned to ride a bicycle, I’m guessing you probably had training wheels for awhile and so consider me as your training wheels for awhile.Back to Index
Why can’t I just have one or two sessions?
Most clients don’t have a clear idea of what they want or need when they first come to coaching. Usually all they do know is that something isn’t working in their lives and that’s it’s making them unhappy.
It often takes a session or two to just get to the crux of the problem and then at least another one to craft the best strategy on how to deal with it.
Relax and take the time to get it right.
‘Good things come in threes.’ – Proverb
Back to Index
What qualifies you to do this work?
- I have an Undergraduate Certificate in Coaching Awarded by the University of Cambridge. The programme has Association for Coaching accredited coach training status (ACTS).
- I have also completed a six-month qualification course with David Drake on his special brand of evidence-based coaching, Narrative Coaching. This provides a flexible and robust methodology enabling you to develop in real time and achieve real results without a dependency on goal-setting, which relies on will-power alone to succeed. I am proud to announce that I am a Narrative Coach ™ Enhanced Practitioner.
- I am a Member of the International Association for Coaching and bound by their standards.
- After three years of study, I earned a Diploma from Liz Greene’s London-based Centre for Psychological Astrology in 2003.
- I have a BS in Psychology from the State University of New York.
- In business, I’ve worked as international tax lawyer (Massachusetts Bar) for more than 30 years in three different countries, most of that time spent as a Senior Manager with the Big-4 accounting firm, Ernst & Young.
- I take continuing education very seriously. Not only does it provide a continually evolving perspective, but it ensures that my knowledge and skills are up to date. For the academic year 2018-2019, I will take short courses at the University of Oxford in Psychodynamic Counselling, Existential Therapy, the Psychology of Leadership, and the Psychology for Happiness.
I live on the other side of the world. Can I still work with you?
Most of my coaching sessions are by SKYPE or WEBEX anyway and that works very well.
Back to Index
What is an astrology chart and why is it important?
You’re the material manifestation of the moment you were born and the planetary energies of that time imprint on your environment, personalty, and life path. By exploring your natal chart, you can get a unique glimpse of your strengths and weaknesses so as to achieve your goals in a way that is natural and authentic.
You could achieve the same thing through traditional coaching and/or counselling but then, having that astrological map to follow is likely to speed things along.
Back to Index
Do you predict the future with astrology?
Astrology provides key information about you in regards to a certain situation but only you can decide what to do with that information. What astrology does do, often with spectacular results, is help you with timing.
Have you ever noticed that sometimes you can make things happen with the snap of a finger but other times no matter what you do, nothing budges. Knowing the difference can save you much time and energy not to mention avoiding (avoidable) angst and confusion.
Have you ever experienced hanging on tooth and nail to something (or someone) that’s slipping from your grasp only to have it finally swept away from you by (often painful) circumstances beyond your control. In hindsight, you could have done yourself a big favour by letting go gracefully.
In the future, do yourself a favour and be prepared by using astrology, your secret weapon.
Back to Index
How is coaching different from therapy/counselling?
One of the key distinctions between counselling and coaching is that the former pathologizes, while the later does not.
In other words, therapy/counselling is designed to address the needs of those suffering from diagnosable conditions such as personality disorder or depression.
Realistically, it can be difficult determining whether someone is just sad or whether they’re depressed. This is why we have an initial consultation before deciding to work together. It’s your job to be honest about your situation. It’s my job to ask the question ‘can my coaching help’.
Can coaching and therapy work together?
Absolutely. As one of my clients who is also in therapy/counselling put it, counselling allowed her to address her past and put problems behind her whilst coaching made her think in new and different ways about how to construct her future.Back to Index
What’s coaching about?
Coaching is about managing change. It’s also about having a safe space in which you feel that you can be heard, a place for you to explore your strengths and weaknesses as well as your values. After that, your choices about change will come naturally. So trust in the process and most importantly, trust in yourself. Already, you have everything you need for this and coaching is the process for unlocking it.Back to Index