Imagine having a snapshot of the quality of time in your life right now?
There are many astrological techniques offering this opportunity but my favourite one, of classical origin, is called Directing by Triplicity. It provides a quick and easy thumbnail sketch of your entire life which, in my experience with numerous charts, is very accurate.
Let’s see how this works with Madonna:
Madonna’s early life is characterised by wanting to shine but being held back. This time is best spent dreaming about what she wishes to achieve and gaining the skills to accomplish that. Later, she can expect success in being of benefit to women and women’s issues. The suggestion here is achievement of a high-profile position that comes with a ‘bit of glamour’. In later life, she will turn to more philosophical than practical concerns although this is unlikely to give her the sense of contentment or achievement she seeks.
- Madonna was born during the day and so the focus is on her Sun.
- Her Sun is in Leo, which is in the element of Fire: the classical triplicity rulers for Fire are Sun, Jupiter, and Saturn (in that order).
- The first 1/3 of Madonna’s life is thus ruled by her Leo Sun:
- Because this Sun is in its sign of rulership, is very strong. Here is a child that wants to shine but she struggles to do so.
- This is because her Sun at 23 Leo does not make an aspect to the angles of the chart and so she’ll have little impact on her environment.
- Her Sun is also in her 12th house, which suggests that however much she may want to be in the limelight, she remains hidden away.
- This is a good time to sit tight and plan for the future whilst honing the skills that will take her there.
- The second 1/3 of Madonna’s life is ruled by her Jupiter, which is at 26 Libra in her 2nd house:
- Although this Jupiter is not as strong is it might be, it is still very strong (by Face and Term).
- According to the ancient texts (updated for 21st century ideals), this suggests a ‘benefit to women or women’s issues or those who are connected to high profile positions that have a bit of glamour’.
- The 2nd house placement suggests this manifests in lots of money.
- The last 1/3 of Madonna’s life is ruled by her Saturn which is retrograde (moving backwards) in Sagittarius in the 4th house (home and family):
- This Saturn is neither particularly happy nor unhappy. Saturn is keen to achieve in a concrete sense and in Sagittarius, the focus must be more philosophical than practical.
- This Saturn also just misses out on being exalted (by Face and Term) suggesting that Madonna narrowly fails to achieve all that she would like during this period.
- Saturn is also retrograde (moving backwards through the sky). Although Madonna may want to return to her former glories, she’s is unable to do so.
- Just like her Leo Sun in the 1stpart of her life, her Saturn fails to aspect the angles of her chart and so her days of making a big impact are over.